Monday, March 18, 2013

ctcLink

Starting April 1st, 2013 I will be starting a new position at Tacoma Community College.  I will be stepping down as eLearning Director to assume the position of ctcLink Project Director for TCC.  Christopher Soran, who also contributes to this blog, will be taking over as the eLearning Director in my absence.

What is ctcLink?  ctcLink is a very large project for the entire Washington State Community and Technical College system where we will migrate from our, very old, administrative system (registration, financial aid, payroll, etc...) to a modern platform.  This modern platform is an implementation of PeopleSoft from the vendor Ciber.

Tacoma Community College has been chosen to be a FirstLink college, which means we will be one of the first institutions to go through this migration.  My role as Project Director will be to try and make this migration run as smoothly as possible for the students, faculty and staff at TCC.  I am very excited about this project as it should make all the administrative processes at TCC easier to use.  

This new role will be taking up a lot of my time so I probably will not be able to post to this blog as often as I would like, but I do plan on contributing information about this project as it relates to student use of the new system.  If you would like to learn more about the project you can check out the ctcLink Connect blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting, Andy! Thank you for posting some info here about your new position. I had no idea what is was about, but I am thrilled to know that TCC (and you) will be part of such an innovative process! Congrats! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! This is going to be a fun and challenging project!

    ReplyDelete