Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Canvas now has an Android app



Canvas has had an app for iOS for some time now, but they have lacked an app for Android.  They lack that app no more!  You can go here to download the app from the Play Store.

I had the chance to test out the app on my EVO 3D and on my new Nexus 4 and the app worked great on both devices.  It was handy to be able to access all of the courses I was enrolled in, check my grades, and read all of the content.  I spoke with one of the developers of the app and he said that they would be adding the ability to submit assignments, post to discussions, and take quizzes in the app soon, but that was not functionality they were able to add in the initial launch of the app.  It is a promising start for the app with many more great features to come.

Here is the official press release from Instructure Canvas about the launch of the Android app.  What do you think about the app?  Please post in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment